Nau Mai Haere Mai

We're so glad you're here!

Take a dig through our content by clicking on the main headers and subheadings. This will take you to videos, hot tip's, fun facts, and more!

This space is recommended for ages 12+. If you're under 12, have a kōrero with your whānau about what areas of the site may be best for you. Have fun and check out our TikTok and Instagram for more!

Leaving an unhealthy relationship

If you are in immediate danger, call the police on 111. Remember you can call 111 from your mobile even if you have no credit.

If you are feeling unsafe or are being abused in a relationship, the best thing for you to do is end it. This will be difficult, and you will need support. The information provided in this section can help you to know what to do.

What to do

Before you break up with the person you’re in a relationship with, it is a good idea to talk to someone you trust, preferably an adult. This person could be a member of your whānau, a teacher or counsellor at your school, your youth group leader or a youth worker, or staff at a youth support service (listed below).

It can help to share with them how you’re feeling, and what has been going on for you in your relationship.

You may need a safety plan so that you can leave your relationship safely, and there are organisations that can work with you to create one.

What’s most important is that you’re not sitting by yourself, freaking out. Support people are really important for helping us sort through issues we have, and they can help keep us safe.

These organisations can help:

You can also visit this link for more:

Related topics
Have you been harmed?
Is someone you care about unsafe?