Dating apps can be a great way for people to meet others outside of their usual social networks.
To keep online dating experiences positive, it can help to know how to keep safe on dating apps.
Check out these top tips!
- Don’t share personal information like your last name, address or where you work on your dating app profiles. Be wary too of people asking you for personal information. It’s best to keep your personal details private.
- Only post photos or information about yourself that you are happy with everyone seeing. Remember, the internet is a really public place and so once you post something on a dating app, you can’t control who ends up seeing it and whether or not they will go on to share info about you with other people.
- Be picky about who you connect with. Not everybody on dating apps will have the best intentions. It’s important to be cautious and check to see whether people’s profiles are genuine or not.
- Trust your instincts and stop communicating with anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable. You can also choose to report them through the dating app.
- Don’t trust users who disappear from dating apps, then reappear using different usernames. It’s a really good idea to report users like this who seem suspicious.